Makita 5477NB Hypoid Saw
Makita’s 7-1/4-Inch Hypoid Saw (model 5477NB), combines a powerful 15 AMP motor and Makita’s efficient hypoid gears with ease-of-use features for more power, better performance and superior cuts. The 5477NB is engineered for framing walls, siding, roofs and floors using a range of dimensional lumber and engineered lumber, including OSB, LVL, PSL, plywood, and more. It is ideal for framers, builders, carpenters, and general contractors seeking a best-in-class 7-1/4-Inch hypoid saw.
The 5477NB has a powerful 15 AMP motor with ball bearing construction for increased productivity. Makita’s efficient hypoid gears have greater surface contact and deliver more constant power. The oil bath technology and sealed gear housing are engineered for less maintenance, with high quality heat treated hypoid gears for long lasting performance.
The 5477NB includes a Makita 7-1/4-Inch General Contractor Framing Blade with Advanced Tooth Design. The carbide tips are specifically set to withstand the harshest conditions such as plowing through nail-embedded wood. The blade is designed with special Makita heat vents strategically set to dissipate heat and increase performance.
- Hypoid gears deliver more power and have greater surface contact than conventional worm drive gears
- Powerful 15 AMP motor for increased productivity
- Oil bath technology and sealed gear housing for less maintenance
- 0°-51.5° bevel capacity with positive stops at 45° and 51.5° is ideal for truss and rafter cut-outs
- High quality, heat treated hypoid gears are engineered for long lasting performance
- Large cutting capacity (2-3/8″ at 90°; 1-3/4″ at 45° and 1-9/16″ at 50°)
- Lower guard design improves performance when making bevel and narrow cuts
- Oversized top handle for better fit and added comfort
- Large levers for fast bevel and depth adjustments
- Push button spindle lock for easy blade changes
- Blade wrench is attached to the saw for fast and convenient blade changing
- Ergonomically designed rubberized grip for improved control
- Base plate is chemically treated to resist rust and warping for superior cuts
- Reinforced 10 ft. cord withstands jobsite abuse
- Large and easy to read markings on depth and bevel scales
- Externally accessible brushes for easy replacement and extended tool life
- 24T thin kerf carbide tipped blade for fast cutting
- Ideal for framers, builders, masons and contractors
- (1) 7-1/4″ 24T Framing Blade, General Contractor (D-45989-1)
- (1) Wrench (783204-6)