Makita XSS03Z 18V LXT Lithium-Ion Cordless Circular Trim Saw
The Makita 18V LXT® Lithium-Ion Cordless 5-3/8” Trim Circular Saw combines cordless cutting power with less weight in a compact size. The
XSS03Z (tool only) has a Makita-built high torque motor and a 2” maximum cutting capacity, making it ideal for woodworkers and finish carpenters.
It’s part of Makita’s expanding 18V Lithium-Ion series, the world’s largest cordless tool line-up powered by an 18V Lithium-Ion slide-style battery. Makita 18V Lithium-Ion batteries have the fastest charge times in their categories, so they spend more time working and less time sitting on the charger.
For improved tool performance and extended battery life, Makita created Star Protection Computer Controls™. Star Protection is communication technology that allows the Star Protection-equipped tool and battery to exchange data in real time and monitor conditions during use to protect against overloading, over-discharging and overheating. For increased versatility, the tool can also be powered by Makita 18V LXT® and Compact Lithium-Ion batteries with the star symbol on the battery indicating Star Protection inside.
Makita-Built Motor Engineered for Versatile Power
The XSS03Z features a Makita-built high torque motor that produces 3,600 RPM for faster cutting. The saw has a 50 degree maximum bevel cutting capacity and is engineered with a stainless steel base plate for smooth, accurate cutting and added durability.
Versatile Design for a Range of Applications
The XSS03Z is a light, powerful cordless trim saw ideal for professional woodworkers and finishing carpenters. It’s also great for builders and other pro trades making cuts overhead, in tight spaces, or through light material that does not require a standard size circular saw.
- Makita-built motor delivers 3,600 RPM for faster cutting and ripping through wood
- Weighs only 6.0 lbs. with battery (battery not included) for reduced operator fatigue
- Built-in dust blower keeps the line of cut free of debris for more accurate cuts
- Heavy gauge, precision machined base for smooth, accurate cutting and added durability
- Electric brake for maximum productivity
- Built-in L.E.D. light illuminates the work area
- Rubberized soft grip handle provides increased comfort on the job
- Accepts Makita 18V LXT® Lithium-Ion battery for even longer run time
- Equipped with Star Protection Computer Controls™ to protect against overloading, over-discharging and over-heating
- Rapid Optimum Charger communicates with the battery’s built-in chip throughout the charging process to optimize battery life by actively controlling current, voltage and temperature (battery and charger sold separately)
- Rapid Optimum Charger has a built-in fan to cool the battery for faster, more efficient charging (battery and charger sold separately)
- Makita technology delivers category-leading charge time, so the battery spends more time working and less time sitting on the charger (battery and charger sold separately)
- Compatible with Makita 18V Lithium-Ion batteries with a Star symbol (battery sold separately)
- 3-year limited warranty
- Only use genuine Makita batteries and chargers