Makita XSH01Z 18V X2 LXT Lithium‑Ion (36V) Cordless Circular Saw
The 18V X2 LXT® Lithium-Ion (36V) Cordless 7-1/4″ Circular Saw (model XSH01Z, tool only) is the world’s first cordless 7-1/4″ circular saw powered by two 18V batteries. The XSH01X provides the performance of a corded saw without leaving the strongly-preferred 18V platform.
It’s part of Makita’s expanding 18V LXT® series, the world’s largest cordless tool line-up powered by an 18V Lithium-Ion battery. The Makita 18V LXT® battery has the fastest charge time in its category, so it spends more time working and less time sitting on the charger.
For improved tool performance and extended battery life, Makita created Star Protection Computer Controls™. Star Protection is communication technology that allows the Star Protection-equipped tool and battery to exchange data in real time and monitor conditions during use to protect against overloading, over-discharging and overheating. For increased versatility, the tool can also be powered by Makita 18V LXT® and Compact Lithium-Ion batteries with the star symbol on the battery indicating Star Protection inside.
Longer Run Time
The Makita-built motor delivers 4,800 RPM for fast cutting and ripping. In performance testing the XSH01X/Z made 250 cuts in 2×4 lumber per charge**, which is up to 2.5 times more cuts per charge than the Makita 18V Cordless 6-1/2″ Circular Saw, model BSS611Z.
More Capacity, Fast Cutting
With a 7-1/4″ blade the XSH01X/Z has a cutting capacity of 2-5/8″ at 90 degrees. In side-by-side testing the XSH01X/Z exhibited corded power and speed, cross-cutting a 2×10 in only 1.5 seconds and matching the cutting time of the Makita 5007F corded circular saw.
More Features, Less Weight
Model XSH01X/Z has a reinforced magnesium base for added durability and weighs only 10.1 lbs. (with batteries). The saw includes two L.E.D. indicators that monitor battery charge status and temperature. Additional features include an electric brake for maximum productivity, rubberized soft grip handles for increased comfort, and a built-in dust blower engineered to clear the line-of-cut for improved visibility.
- Makita-built motor delivers 4,800 RPM for faster cutting and ripping
- Two 18V LXT® Lithium-Ion Batteries deliver the power and performance of a corded saw* without leaving the 18V LXT® platform
- Reinforced magnesium base for durability
- Weighs only 10.1 lbs. with batteries (batteries not included) for operator comfort
- Large cutting capacity (2-5/8” at 90°) and bevel capacity (0°- 50°) with a positive stop at 45°
- Rubberized soft grip handles for increased comfort
- Large rubberized levers for quick and easy depth and bevel adjustments
- On-board blade wrench for convenience
- Flat motor housing design for stability when changing the blade
- Built-in dust blower cleans the line of cut for operator accuracy
- Electric brake for maximum productivity
- L.E.D. battery and temperature indicators monitor battery charge status and temperature
- Ideal for framers, builders, roofers, forming, and more
- Equipped with Star Protection Computer Controls™ to protect against overloading, over-discharging and over-heating
- Rapid Optimum Charger communicates with the battery’s built-in chip throughout the charging process to optimize battery life by actively controlling current, voltage and temperature (battery and charger sold separately)
- Rapid Optimum Charger has a built-in fan to cool the battery for faster, more efficient charging (battery and charger sold separately)
- Makita technology delivers category-leading charge time so the battery spends more time working and less time sitting on the charger (battery and charger sold separately)
- Compatible with Makita 18V Lithium-Ion batteries with a Star symbol (battery sold separately)
- 3-year limited warranty
- *Compared to Makita 5007 Series
- Only use genuine Makita batteries and chargers
« Makita XRJ06Z 18V X2 LXT Lithium-Ion (36V) Brushless Cordless Recipro SawMakita XSH03Z 18V LXT Lithium-Ion Brushless Cordless Circular Saw »