Makita XRJ02Z 18V LXT Lithium-Ion Cordless Recipro Saw
Makita’s 18V LXT® Lithium-Ion Cordless Reciprocating Saw (model XRJ02Z, tool only) delivers faster cutting and demolition performance to the jobsite. The XRJ02Z has a high torque motor with a 1-1/8” stroke that is engineered for a range of cutting and demolition tasks. The LXT® Lithium-Ion Battery (sold separately) makes this reciprocating saw perfect for remote use, where running a cord is not an option.
It’s part of Makita’s expanding 18V Lithium-Ion series, the world’s largest cordless tool line-up powered by an 18V Lithium-Ion slide-style battery. Makita 18V Lithium-Ion batteries have the fastest charge times in their categories, so they spend more time working and less time sitting on the charger.
For improved tool performance and extended battery life, Makita created Star Protection Computer Controls™. Star Protection is communication technology that allows the Star Protection-equipped tool and battery to exchange data in real time and monitor conditions during use to protect against overloading, over-discharging and overheating. For increased versatility, the tool can also be powered by Makita 18V LXT® and Compact Lithium-Ion batteries with the star symbol on the battery indicating Star Protection inside.
Makita-Built Motor Engineered for Versatile Power
The XRJ02Z features a Makita-built high torque motor with a 1-1/8” stroke that cuts 0-2,900 strokes per minute (SPM) for faster cutting. The XRJ02Z has a maximum cutting depth of 5-1/8” for pipe, and 10” into wood (using a 12” blade). Productivity features include an electric brake, and a “tool-less” blade change.
Ergonomic Design in a Compact Size
The XRJ02Z weighs only 8.2 lbs. (with battery, sold separately) with a more compact design at 19-5/8” long and an ergonomic shape that fits like a glove for reduced operator fatigue. In addition, the XRJ02Z has a built-in L.E.D. light to illuminate the work area, and a retractable hook so the tool remains close by but never in the way.
Versatile Design for a Range of Applications
The XRJ02Z is engineered for the pro that wants more features, and is perfect for a range of applications including plumbing, flooring, electrical, demolition, and for general contractors who require a best in class engineered cordless reciprocating saw.
- Makita-built variable speed motor delivers 0-2,900 strokes per minute and a 1-1/8″ stroke length for faster cutting
- Large 2-finger variable speed trigger for added convenience
- Retractable tool hook secures the tool when not in use
- Rubberized soft grip handle provides increased comfort on the job
- Compact and ergonomic design at only 19-5/8″ long
- Weighs only 8.2 lbs. with battery (battery not included) for reduced operator fatigue
- Ergonomic shape fits like a glove with even pressure and easy control
- “Tool-less” blade change system allows for faster blade installation and removal for increased productivity
- Two built-in L.E.D. lights illuminate the work area
- Equipped with Star Protection Computer Controls™ to protect against overloading, over-discharging and over-heating
- Rapid Optimum Charger communicates with the battery’s built-in chip throughout the charging process to optimize battery life by actively controlling current, voltage and temperature (battery and charger sold separately)
- Rapid Optimum Charger has a built-in fan to cool the battery for faster, more efficient charging (battery and charger sold separately)
- Makita technology delivers category-leading charge time so the battery spends more time working and less time sitting on the charger (battery and charger sold separately)
- Compatible with Makita 18V Lithium-Ion batteries with a Star symbol (battery sold separately)
- 3-year limited warranty
- Battery and charger sold separately
- Only use genuine Makita batteries and chargers