Makita XDT12Z Brushless Cordless Quick‑Shift Mode 4‑Speed Impact Driver
Makita has a legacy of innovation in the cordless impact driver category, and the XDT12Z sets new standards. The XDT12Z has more torque and more speed than previous models, yet it has more features and the most compact size in the 18 volt category. For contractors, the XDT12Z is a total fastening solution (18V LXT® batteries and charger sold separately).
The XDT12Z offers users four speed settings, as well as Makita’s exclusive Quick-Shift Mode™ for increased fastening control. Quick-Shift Mode™ uses the brushless motor’s electronic controls to find the best balance of speed and torque for each application for more efficient fastening. Another precision setting is Tightening Mode (T-mode), which downshifts and reduces rotation and impact speed prior to driving the screw into place, and is engineered to minimize screw thread stripping, screw breakage and damage to work.
In addition, the XDT12Z features Assist Mode, which helps eliminate “screw cam-out” and “cross threading” by driving at low speed until tightening begins. It is ideal for driving longer fasteners.
The Makita-built BL™ Brushless Motor delivers a full 1,550 in.lbs. of Max Torque in the 4th speed setting. The 4-speed power selection switch provides the user with precise fastening control for a range of applications, from cabinet screws to lag bolts. It weighs only 3.3 lbs. with the 4.0Ah battery, and with a length of only 4-5/8″ it is the most compact in its category.
It’s part of Makita’s expanding 18V Lithium-Ion system, the world’s largest cordless tool system powered by 18V Lithium-Ion slide-style batteries. Makita 18V Lithium-Ion batteries have the fastest charge times in their categories, so they spend more time working and less time sitting on the charger.
For improved tool performance and extended battery life, Makita created Star Protection Computer Controls™. Star Protection is communication technology that allows the Star Protection-equipped tool and battery to exchange data in real time and monitor conditions during use to protect against overloading, over-discharging and overheating. For increased versatility, the tool can also be powered by Makita 18V LXT® and Compact Lithium-Ion batteries with the star symbol on the battery indicating Star Protection inside.
« Makita XFD12Z 18V LXT Lithium‑Ion Compact Brushless Cordless Driver‑DrillMakita XDT13Z 18V LXT Lithium‑Ion Brushless Cordless Impact Driver »
- Makita XWT11Z 18V LXT Lithium‑Ion Brushless Cordless 3‑Speed Drive Impact Wrench
- Dewalt DCV585B FLEXVOLT 60V MAX Dust Extractor
- Dewalt DW160V VSR Right Angle Drill
- Dewalt DW745 10″ Compact Job Site Table Saw with Site-pro Modular Guarding System
- Dewalt DCV581H 18 and 20V MAX Cordless and Corded Wet-Dry Vacuum
- Dewalt DCH273B 20V MAX XR Brushless Cordless SDS PLUS L-Shape Rotary Hammer
- Dewalt DCH133B 20V MAX Brushless Cordless SDS PLUS D-Handle Rotary Hammer
- Dewalt DCH293B 20V MAX XR Brushless L-Shape SDS Plus Rotary Hammer
- Dewalt DCH481B 60V MAX Brushless Cordless SDS MAX Combination Rotary Hammer
- Dewalt D25951K 29 lbs. SDS MAX Demolition Hammer