Makita 5377MG Magnesium Hypoid Saw
The Makita 7-1/4” Magnesium Hypoid Saw features highly durable magnesium components and a powerful 15 AMP Makita-built industrial motor with a hypoid gearing system for maximum power output. The 5377MG seamlessly balances weight, power, durability, and ease of use for optimum cutting performance.
Makita-Built Motor Engineered for Versatile Power
The 5377MG features a Makita-built 15 AMP industrial motor that delivers 4,500 RPM, combined with well-balanced magnesium components for a lighter weight saw that delivers true power the professional user demands. Users will benefit from the precision-machined hypoid gears, which deliver more constant power than worm drive gears. Hypoid gears have greater surface contact so more power is transferred over a wider surface, providing increased power and durability. In addition, hypoid gears are in an oil bath for consistent oil coverage. The saw has a large cutting capacity (2-3/8” at 90°) with a maximum bevel capacity of 51.5° and positive stops at 22.5°, 45° and 51.5° for quick back-and-forth changes.
Ergonomic and Ease-of-Use Features
Magnesium components allowed Makita to engineer a saw with less weight (13.2 lbs.) that is well-balanced and jobsite tough. Additional design details include greater clearance between the rear handle and the blade case to provide a better grip for larger hands or for users with gloves, as well as a wider space between the blade and housing for a clearer view of the blade and measurement scale. Makita also engineered ergonomics and ease-of-use into the saw, including clearly visible depth and bevel markings and ergonomic hand grips to improve overall control while minimizing operator fatigue. The large rubberized levers provide quick, one-handed adjustments for more efficient work.
Includes Ultra-Coated Framing Blade
The 5377MG includes a Makita 7-1/4” Premium Ultra-Coated Framing Blade with Advance Tooth Design. The “M” shaped tooth design features a two-pointed tip and two 10 degree bevel face to maximize cutting performance for a faster, cleaner and longer lasting cut. The carbide tips are specifically set to withstand the harshest conditions such as plowing through nail-embedded wood. The blade is also ultra-coated to reduce heat and pitch build-up for faster, smoother cutting, with special Makita heat vents strategically set to dissipate heat and increase performance. The 5377MG also include a blade wrench attached to the saw for fast and convenient blade changing.
Engineered for a Range of Applications
The 5377MG is built for framing walls, floors and roofs using a range of dimensional lumber and dense engineered lumber, including LVL, PSL and I-Joists, headers, and microlams; as well as ripping panels such as plywood, OSB, particle board, and dense structural panels. Other applications include plunge and bevel cutting, as well as masonry and metal cutting.
- Magnesium components create a lightweight saw (13.2 lbs.) that is well balanced and job site tough
- Oil bath technology is created with a built-in fan and sealed gear housing to ensure 100% oil surface coating for less maintenance
- Large cutting capacity (2-3/8″ at 90°) with positive stops at 22.5°, 45° and 51.5°
- High quality, heat treated hypoid steel gears are engineered for less maintenance
- Powerful 15 AMP motor delivers 4,500 RPM with compressed winding technology to keep the overall size more compact yet deliver job site durability
- Better fit with comfortable rubber grip on handle
- Retractable hook allows tool to remain close by, but never in the way
- Make quick, one-handed adjustments using large, rubberized levers
- Settings are easy to read with oversized number and ruler markings
- Blade wrench is attached to saw for fast and convenient blade changing
- Reinforced 10 ft. power cord withstands jobsite abuse and lowers repair costs
- Includes a premium 7-1/4″ carbide tipped framing blade that cuts 50% faster and lasts 2x longer