Makita 5008MGA Magnesium Circular Saw with Electric Brake
The Makita 8-1/4” Magnesium Circular Saw with Electric Brake features highly durable magnesium components and a powerful 15 AMP Makita-built industrial motor, powerful enough to cut through the densest lumber. The 5008MGA balances weight, power, durability, and ease of use with a 3” maximum cutting capacity, making it perfect for framers, roofers, as well as general contractors who require a best-in-class engineered circular saw.
Makita-Built Motor Engineered for Versatile Power
The 5008MGA features a Makita-built 15 AMP industrial motor that delivers 5,200 RPM, combined with well-balanced magnesium components for a lighter weight saw that delivers true power the professional user demands. The saw has a large cutting capacity (3” at 90°) with a maximum bevel capacity of 50° and positive stops at 22.5° and 45° for quick back-and-forth changes. The 5008MGA includes an electric brake to stop the blade quickly for maximum productivity, as well as a premium carbide-tipped blade and a blade wrench attached to the saw for fast and convenient blade changing.
Ergonomic and Ease-of-Use Features
Magnesium components allowed Makita to engineer a saw with less weight (11.4 lbs.) that is well-balanced and jobsite tough. Additional design details include greater clearance between the rear handle and the blade case to provide a better grip for larger hands or for users with gloves, as well as a wider space between the blade and housing for a clearer view of the blade and measurement scale. The saw features twin L.E.D. lights for better illumination, as well as ducting designed to blow dust away from the line of cut. Makita also engineered ergonomics and ease-of-use into the saw, including clearly visible depth and bevel markings and ergonomic hand grips to improve overall control while minimizing operator fatigue. The large rubberized levers provide quick, one-handed adjustments for more efficient work.
Engineered for a Range of Applications
The 5008MGA 8-1/4” Circular Saw is built for framing walls, floors and roofs using a range of dimensional lumber and dense engineered lumber, including LVL, Parallam and I-Joists, headers and microlams; as well as ripping panels such as plywood, OSB, particle board, and dense structural panels like Advantech. Other applications include plunge cutting, pocket cutting, bevel cutting, masonry and metal cutting.
- Magnesium components create a lightweight saw (11.4 lbs.) that is well balanced and job site tough
- Large cutting capacity (3″ at 90°) and bevel capacity (0°-50°) with positive stops at 22.5° and 45°
- Two built-in L.E.D. lights illuminate the line of cut for increased accuracy
- Electric brake for maximum productivity
- Powerful 15.0 AMP motor delivers 5,200 RPM for proven performance
- Make quick, one-handed adjustments using large, rubberized levers
- Built-in dust blower clears the line of cut for greater accuracy
- Better fit with comfortable rubber grip on handle
- Settings are easy to read with oversized number and ruler markings
- Blade wrench is attached to saw for fast and convenient blade changing
- Reinforced power cord withstands jobsite abuse and lowers repair costs
- (1) 8-1/4″ 24T Carbide-Tipped Saw Blade, Framing (D-21521)
- (1) Wrench (783204-6)
- (1) Rip Fence (164095-8)
« Makita 5007FA Circular Saw with Electric BrakeMakita 5057KB Circular Saw with Dust Collector »
- Makita XCU07Z 18V X2 (36V) LXT Lithium‑Ion Brushless Cordless Chain Saw
- Makita XCU09Z 18V X2 (36V) LXT Lithium‑Ion Brushless Cordless Top Handle Chain Saw
- Makita XCU08Z 18V X2 (36V) LXT Lithium‑Ion Brushless Cordless Top Handle Chain Saw
- Makita XNU02Z 18V LXT Lithium‑Ion Brushless Cordless Pole Hedge Trimmer
- Makita XML05Z 18V X2 (36V) LXT Lithium‑Ion Cordless Residential Lawn Mower